Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HANFT

evvin is offline Just Browsing
    Thanks

Default HANFT

As you all may know, the newly hired officer, Catie Hanft has become a tyrannical force on maritimes campus. Every day, there seems to be a new unfair code or rule that is being instated solely by her in attempt to gain more control of the students. In no way , shape, or form do these absurd rules do anything but hinder our education . I know of numerous peers who are in a current struggle to stay in school because of her constant, overbearing, insane attitude. Need I remind you this is not a public school and not a service academy and nearly every student is paying for their tuition? She is in no way fit to lead the student body or to occupy her current position. In her beginning months, she has been only seen harassing students for minute, unimportant details regarding their uniform and basic privileges. She has ignored the bigger issues and refuses to work toward making the studentís time here more enjoyable or our education more efficient. She has insisted on fixing things that are not broken. In no way am I asking to have the college host parties or return to being a wet campus, I am simply asking to have my basic rights respected as an individual. I understand I agreed to adhere to the regimentís standards, but she has crossed a line, and continues to harass students.
    Her behavior however is not the thing that frightens me the most. The most disturbing facts about her lie in her credentials and previous job experience. Before she was hired at Maritime she served as a brig commander (a warden) at a U.S. military prison in Charleston, South Carolina. At no point in her life was she a teacher, professor, or school administrator. She has not spent any time whatsoever as a merchant mariner. I find this extremely hard to comprehend considering where it is we go to school. How can we relate to someone who has never sailed before? She not only has no experience in the maritime industry, but was also involved in the civil liberties violations that took place in the military prisons in 2007. The same type of violations that had her prisoners water boarded, injected with multiple serums, shackled for hours in grotesque and extremely painful positions, and various other inhumane types of torture. Captain Hanft has had no problem torturing these men and thus willingly violating the constitution of the United States. She has been proven to have no problem violating the rights of her subordinates, and it is plainly shown by her actions here. I find it extremely disturbing how someone with a record like hers can be put in charge of a student body at a public university. How can anyone expect to feel safe with someone with her background in charge? The circumstances surrounding her hiring are very shady as well. It seems as if she had just walked on to campus out of the blue and began stripping students of their rights and privileges. She has done nothing to better the college morale and is only a burden on our already rising tuition. It is not only the student body that she is constantly harassing, but her colleagues as well. So much so that every single officer that was in place before she was hired is now leaving, mostly because of her ludicrous rules that affect them negatively.
    In short, there is simply no logic behind Captain Hanft being hired. She is going on trial for her war crimes this summer and has a very real possibility of being convicted. She is in no way fit to lead any kind of organization, let alone a student body. Her warden-like, hostile mentality has no place here. We are beginning to be treated like captives instead of students. If a student is caught speaking out against her to anybody, he or she is immediately reprimanded and saddled with demerits. There is no doubt the ones running this school do not want this information to come into light. If you wish to further inquire about her absurd behavior, you need not to respond to this letter, but simply ask any student at Maritime. This is not a place for someone like her.
    Share on Facebook

2. The Following User Says Thank You to evvin For This Useful Post:

LI_Domer (April 22nd, 2013)

ShooterMcGavin is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Default Re: HANFT

I've heard about this often, among other things. I'm surprised she gets away with it.

If I was an officer on the TSES and she harassed me that my white coveralls were dirty I'd tell her to eat shit. She oversteps her authority at every turn.
    Share on Facebook

Fraqrat is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,440 Times in 643 Posts

That's rubbish Mr Potter now back to work!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Share on Facebook

Jetryder223 is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks

Then DO something. Do I have to spell everything out? Ok, let me break it down for you.

First - She has a military background and a history of sucess deploying punitive dicipline/control of people - sometimes to the breaking point. One of the most common ploys of new commanders in a military setting is to start off badass so troops under your command know who is in charge. Usually this is in the form of restricted privileges and over the top punishment for minor transgressions.

Typically, after a few months of badassness along with a purge of staff not to the CO's liking, the pressure will be eased. This is not always the case however and seeing how her background is in "Corrections" she may not change. In fact she may even get some sick pleasure in seeing others suffer.

With that in mind, you can not beat her on her own turf. No, the ONLY way to combat this is to embarass the decision makers on the SUNY Board of Directors. Get your State Representives in the loop so they can start asking the tough questions. There's also the press (both print & TV) they LOVE to stir the pot by pointing a finger at questionable political appointments.

There are other devious agencies that can be brought to bear. Anonomous calls the OSHA or the State Environmental Agency for possible violations will generate a response. Does her mistreatment rise to the level of Hazing? Another opportunity. I know SUNY is mostly white kids from Long Island but do any cadets of color feel discriminated? Any female cadets feel harassed? Now is NOT the time to quietly sweep these issues under the carpet.

So how to acheive this without exposing yourself to the Wrath of Kahn...er... Hanft? Easy - track down some of the staff that fell victim to her initail purge. They will have insight to her misdeeds that you prisioners...I mean Cadets ...would never know. Also seek out cadets that have made it known they will be dropping out. They have nothing to lose so it will be safe for them to tell it like it is.

If you are sucessful in creating enough buzz to where politians and political appointees (SUNY BoD) become uncomfortable, you will see dramatic change quickly.

This mission will also be a good life lesson in career sabotage, political shenanagans and practical agent provactour. All are essential skills. Good Luck -
    Last edited by Jetryder223; April 23rd, 2013 at 07:33 AM.
    Share on Facebook

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jetryder223 For This Useful Post:

c.captain (April 22nd, 2013), cmakin (April 23rd, 2013), domer (April 22nd, 2013), LI_Domer (April 22nd, 2013), PaddyWest2012 (April 24th, 2013), tugbotman (April 22nd, 2013), weski (May 1st, 2013)

domer is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

First of all why don't you try and break your sentences up into paragraphs so that we can read them.

Second, there is already a thread dedicated to this women... why did you start a new one?

Third, why don't you spend five minutes to come up with better title than "Hanft"? Most people on this forum don't know here by name.

Last, do you think she is the first ball buster to grace our college? How many of them lasted more than a couple years? The answer is none because cadets were, back in the day, masters of SABOTAGE. I mention the S word because IT WORKS. So take Jetryder223's excellent advice and just make sure you don't get caught!!
    Last edited by domer; April 22nd, 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    Share on Facebook

RubberRhib888 is offline Old Salt
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jetryder223 View Post
    Then DO something. Do I have to spell everything out? Ok, let me break it down for you.

First - She has a military background and a history of sucess deploying punitive dicipline/control of people - sometimes to the breaking point. One of the most common ploys of new commanders in a military setting is to start off badass so troops under your command know who is in charge. Usually this is in the form of restricted privileges and over the top punishment for minor transgressions.

Typically, after a few months of badassness along with a purge of staff not to the CO's liking, the pressure will be eased. This is not always the case however and seeing how her background is in "Corrections" she may not change. In fact she may even get some sick pleasure is seeing others suffer.

With that in mind, you can not beat her on her turf. No, the ONLY way to combat this is to embarass the decision makers on the SUNY Board of Directors. Get your State Representives in the loop so they can start asking the tough questions. There's also the press (both print & TV) that LOVE to stir the pot by pointing a finger at questionable political appointments.

There are other devious agencies that can be brought to bear. Anonomous calls the OSHA or the State Environmental Agency for possible violations will generate a response. Does her mistreatment rise to the level of Hazing? Another opportunity. I know SUNY is mostly white kids from Long Island but do any cadets of color feel discriminated? Any female cadets feel harassed? Now is NOT the time to quietly sweep these issues under the carpet.

So how to acheive this without exposing yourself to the Wrath of Kahn...er... Hanft? Easy - track down some of the staff that fell victim to her initail purge. They will have insight to her mis deeds that you prisioners...I mean Cadets ...would never know. Also seek out cadets that have made it known they will be dropping out. They have nothing to lose so it will be safe for them to tell it like it is.

If you are sucessful in creating enough buzz to where politians and political appointees (SUNY BoD) become uncomfortable, you will see dramatic change quickly.

This mission will also be a good life lesson in career sabotage, political shenanagans practical agent provactour. All are essential skills. Good Luck -
    Nice work Jet. I'm impressed with your knowledge of sabotage and shenanagans. This looks like a mission and a social experiment. Perhaps a short story to be written later assuming someone chooses to accept the mission.
    Share on Facebook

LI_Domer is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks

Some one could be really ballsy and go to HR and say she Sexually harassed you. Only if she "actualy" did of course.
    Share on Facebook

c.captain is online now Top Contributer
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 1,641 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jetryder223 View Post
    This mission will also be a good life lesson in career sabotage, political shenanagans practical agent provactour. All are essential skills. Good Luck -
    there's a Confusian saying about when the pupil becomes the master and the master becomes the pupil...

Jet...my good man, I am humbled. Really, I truly am...you're not just good. You;re DAMNED GOOD...er BAD that is!
    Share on Facebook

11. The Following User Says Thank You to c.captain For This Useful Post:

Jetryder223 (April 23rd, 2013)

Thanks

Thank you Master - You may call me 'Young Grasshopper".
    Share on Facebook

tugsailor is offline Top Contributer
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 616 Posts

How is the "young grasshopper" coming with his summer job search?
    Share on Facebook

Thanks

Not great.

$9/hr as a deck hand on a ferry is the only offer so far.

Blount Cruiseline would pay better and go to interesting ports but they have not responded to email or phone messages.

I've sent resumes and inquiries to tug companies all over the country and have not even rec'd a 'go to hell' reply.

Well, at least Ferry boating beats weed wacking poison ivy.
    Share on Facebook

Whiplasher is offline gCaptain Crew
    Thanks

Sounds like next year will be an interesting year for me at SUNY.
    Share on Facebook

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast